[Blindtlk] storage and retrieval in open book

Nikki daizies304 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 23 14:44:21 UTC 2011

Hi all.

Haha. It’s Nikki again.

I want to thank you all again for your assistance and a special shout out to Brian.

Now, after a day of figuring out how to scan, I am having an issue with saving and retrieving a file.

Last night I did some trials, but was unsuccessful with finding the saved file.

I found that if you save the item with  any other, extension, than .obk, then it tells you that you may lose attributes.

What does that mean?

Will I not be able to “edit” the file?

Something different happened the second trial.

I saved the item as a .obk, but this time it didn’t say anything about attributes being lost.

And it changed the title from “untitled” to the name I gave it.

It also told me it was saved, but the first time it didn’t.

I went to try to locate it on my computer, but no success in finding it.

I don’t know what the default settings are and how to change them.

Can someone help me with this issue?

It would be greatly appreciated.