[Blindtlk] jobs that don't require a college degree

Rex Leslie Howard, Jr. rex at littlelaw.com
Wed Aug 24 18:28:47 UTC 2011

My feeling is that most employers, especially large one's who are equal
opportunity employers will work with disabled individuals to help them get
the equipment they need to do the work.

You might check out www.callcentercareer.com or www.careerbarn.com just to
see what kinds of jobs are available in your area.

Basically it comes down to your skill set. What are you capable of doing and
can you make money for the company?

Unfortunately, sometimes we who are blind must demonstrate our abilities to
be productive workers before anyone will believe in us. This is unfortunate
and is not a generalization because some employers are open-minded and not
prejudice against hiring people with disabilities.

All I can say is don't get discouraged if you don't get the first job you
apply for. Keep plugging along.