[Blindtlk] Lions World career training

Rex Leslie Howard, Jr. rex at littlelaw.com
Wed Aug 24 18:40:12 UTC 2011

I meant to ask this question a while back but never got around to it. this
discussion about jobs reminded me.

Back in 1985 through 1987 I attended Lions World which was then Arkansas
Enterprises for the Blind. The first time I attended I took the college prep
course. The second time I took the Customer Service Representative class. I
was placed in Dallas with the IRs but I left the job because I did not agree
with the way things were being done. I was young and foolish and many times
I have thought back on my leaving IRs and have wished I had not made that
mistake but I did and it was done.

I have recently thought about trying to go back to Lions World for the
computer training courses but right now I have a lucrative job so I'm not
that worried about it. However, I love working with computers so training in
this field is something I might consider more over the next few months.

What is the general consensus regarding Lions World now? Does anyone have
recent experience with this training facility?

Although there were some problems when I attended back in the 80's, I can
say that the overall experience was not so bad and it might be an option for
those who are looking for employment in the future but I don't know how well
it is being operated now.