[Blindtlk] NFB Link, Mentoring Program

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 24 22:40:32 UTC 2011

nope anyone who wants mentoring. I used it when I first was losing my vision
and needed help and I got in touch with David Stayer of the Greater Long
Island Chapter and now I am the Treasurer of the Chapter, and President of
the Travel and Tourism Division.

We are having our first board meeting this evening in about 1/2 hour if
anyone is interested.

I am re-posting the information.

On August 24th, 2011 at 7 pm Eastern.

The Travel & Tourism Division a proud division of the National Federation of
the Blind will holding it's first teleconference to revamp the division.

The call-in number is 1-805-360-1000 this is not a toll free number

Once you get the recording, you will be asked to put in your participant
access code which is 871517#

We will ask you all to be muted until we open the lines up for comments and
discussions from the floor because of background noise and from people
around you.

To mute your phone press *6 on your phone, to unmute hit *6

Agenda:

Agenda:

Introduction from President and officers and giving a little back ground
about all of us

Upcoming State Conventions and how to get all of us to promote the division.

Website what we want up on the website, Peter Donahue and I have been
working on this, and need your input and ideas as well of what we want to be
put on the website before it goes live.

Newsletter

Talk list

Increasing membership and fundraising ideas

What direction do we want to take the division?

Ideas for us traveling and doing advocacy at the same time.

Leading the Way in Independent Travel!

Cheryl Echevarria
http://www.echevarriatravel.com
631-456-5394
reservations at echevarriatravel.com

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Superior Travel, located in
Baldwin, NY. www.superiortravel.com

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Absolute Cruise & Travel, Inc.