[Blindtlk] Fw: [Nfbf-l] Erik Weihenmeyer on ExpeditionImpossible

Gary Wunder GWunder at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 30 16:36:56 UTC 2011

Hi Cheryl. We are not saying that Erik doesn't do good for others; we are
simply saying that it saddens us that he doesn't do more for an organization
which stood front-and-center in defending his right to climb and supporting
it financially. He, with our help, showed how one can climb a mountain; much
of our work involves showing blind folks that we can get up and climb the
hill day by day, that we may never be seen as heroes, but through our daily
climb, we can be seen as normal and responsible human beings.

In nothing I've posted have I wanted to dampen your attempt to think out of
the box. You are taking seriously the strengthening of a Division. Go for
it, my friend. You have my admiration.