[Blindtlk] Fw: [Nfbf-l] Erik Weihenmeyer on ExpeditionImpossible

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 30 17:02:05 UTC 2011

Oh you have not dampened anything people, it just shows me what your
thoughts are about him, and what he is doing. If we cannot give him what he
wants at convention this year, maybe then he would consider other options in
the future.

Again, I agree whole heartedly that we the National Federation of the Blind,
should be in his vocabulary and not a side note, he does mention on his
website that we did give him the funds along with other sponsors to do the
Mt. Everest Climb.

Not everyone is going to take the help we give them and give us the
notoriety or I am trying to think of the correct wording to put here, that
we should be given in helping someone.

We have scholarships that we give students, and I am one of them and very
honored that I got it from the State of NY and stay and work to make changes
in the world for us the blind, but when I was trying to start a Suffolk
County Chapter here on Long Island, and was given peoples names and phone
numbers that were in our system to let them know about the chapter being
created, many former students that had won scholarships have told me, well
yes I am a scholarship winner, but I am now an ACB member or I was just
there to get help for college.

Some elderly people don't want to be part of anything.

That is the problem around here, either you are a student or elderly, I
can't seem to find the ones in the middle that would be interested in being
members.

Again, I get long winded, ROFL.

My point is not everyone is going to take our help and return to be part of
us, or acknowledge us, that was the word I was speaking of.

Hey if Erik doesn't come, he doesn't come.

Leading the Way in Independent Travel!

Cheryl Echevarria
http://www.echevarriatravel.com
631-456-5394
reservations at echevarriatravel.com

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Superior Travel, located in
Baldwin, NY. www.superiortravel.com

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Absolute Cruise & Travel, Inc.