[Blindtlk] [OT]All-News Radio Stations

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sun Dec 11 04:58:44 UTC 2011

Hi, everyone.

To the extent that the blind satisfy the stereotype of radio junkies, the
following question is blindness-related - barely.

I, at least, *am* a news junkie. I have all the "All-news" radio stations of
which I know programmed into ooTunes on my iPhone. These are the various CBS
radio all-news stations, WTOP in Washington, D.C. and KOMO in Seattle.

My question: does anyone know of other strictly all-news stations in the
United States? "News-talk" stations don't count in my book as also the
various NPR stations don't count - great as they are. The CBS stations are:

WBBM, WBZ, WCBS, KYW, KNX, KCBS and WINS. KFWB used to be all-news but has
gone news-talk since CBS owns it as well as KNX (KFWB used to be a
Westinghouse station when that corporation owned radio stations).

Any help or other strictly all-news stations are appreciated.

Oh yes - I know of CKWX and CFTR; dunno whether there are other Rogers
stations in Canada that are all-news.

Now I'll go away and return you to your regularly-scheduled blindness
discussions.

Mike Freeman