[Blindtlk] Letter to the Editor: Dining in the Dark events re:[blindtlk] fw: MIRA Foundation

Sheila Leigland sleigland at bresnan.net
Wed Dec 14 21:22:29 UTC 2011

Hello marion very well stated. As a blind person I just want to live my life and be able to walk down a street without being watched to see if I'm going to need help or something like that. The idea that we are more courageous is rediculous. The stereotypes based on blindness ablone need to go and the sooner the better. We aren't childlike or innocent about the world around us or at least I hope we aren't. We were told one time that our canes were to noisy and weren't there homes for your kind of people. We have had police ask us why we are on the streets so late at night, it was eight thirty in the evening.

Sheila Leiglan	d