[Blindtlk] NFB Blood Drive

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Sat Dec 17 02:59:50 UTC 2011

Good evening again everyone,

    I believe it was at either the 2003 or the 2005 national convention that
a blood drive was held. Mary gave blood during that convention. As I recall
Gary Wunder headed up this convention activity. There have not been any
blood drives at our national convention since that one and I never found out
why.

     Since we've entered the age of community service and have a group that
could manage this project perhaps this is something we should start again
particularly in light of the recent problems blind donors faced when
attempting to give blood. I sure hope Darrien Smith reads this. Perhaps our
local chapters and state affiliates could conduct similar blood drives. This
is another way to combat discrimination against the blind and do community
service at the same time.

Peter Donahue