[Blindtlk] Polocies Against The Blind...

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Sat Dec 17 14:08:11 UTC 2011

Rev. Kelm,
    I am currently working with the Department of Justice on a case in which
two guide dog users were prohibited from donating blood by a private
company. Would you please write to me off-list and give me the company name?
My email address is

President at nagdu.org

    My suggestion is that you ask them to send you an email message
concerning their willingness to make such an exception to their policy. I
would also suggest that, if you know of other blind people in your area, you
ask them to go to this company to donate blood to find out if they would
modify their policy for them, as well. Having a policy that is
discriminatory is not illegal; enforcing that policy and behaving in a
discriminatory manner is what is illegal.

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU)
National Federation of the Blind
813-626-2789
President at NAGDU.ORG
HTTP://WWW.NAGDU.ORG