[Blindtlk] Polocies Against The Blind...

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Sat Dec 17 22:57:41 UTC 2011

Mike,
    I also believe that it is rude to discriminate against another person.
When discrimination occurs and we resist, we are the ones seen as
beligerant! I was, literally, pulled out of a taxicab because I refused to
exit voluntarily when ordered to do so by a police officer when a taxi
driver refused to carry my wife and me. When I filed a complaint with the
Internal Affairs Department, the police officer's defense was that I was
beligerant. When asked about it, I said, "Damn right, I was beligerant! You
would be, too, if your civil rights were denied!" Needless to say, the IAD
didn't pursue the matter.

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala