[Blindtlk] BrailleNote Users Web site announcement: seeking testers for relay of TeamTalk and Conversation Station to be used for BrailleNote Chat series

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 00:48:52 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

This subject may be a little confusing to those who don't know
about the BrailleNote Users site or the BrailleNote chat series,
so here is a clearer explanation.

The BrailleNote Users Web site is, according to the description
on the home page, a "central resource for all BrailleNote users."
It provides many articles and podcasts which deliver a wealth of
useful information to all users of HumanWare's BrailleNote family
of notetakers.  As part of the information we provide on the
BrailleNote Users site, we host a series of online chats on the
BrailleNote and related topics called the BrailleNote Chat
series.  Until now, only people who have computers, a sound card,
speakers and a microphone can participate in the BrailleNote
chats, as we have used an online audio-chat hosting provider.  As
we transission to a new chat hosting provider for the PC
(TeamTalk,) we are interested in expanding our chats to allow
those BrailleNote users who don't have a PC to still participate
in these informative and fun chats for BrailleNote users.  So, we
are using the Conversation Station phone chat line for the blind!
But before we can truly declare that we're ready to have our
chats, we need to make sure that this relay of TeamTalk to
Conversation Station will work; that phone participants can hear
the online chat and online users can hear any questions/-ts the
phone users might have.  In short, we need to do a test, and to
do that, we need your help.  If you would like to help us test
our new idea by using the Conversation Station, please come into
Room 284 on the Conversation Station on Friday, December 30, at 2
p.m.  Eastern time, 1 Central, 12 Mountain, and 11 Pacific.  To
get into our room, call 231-224-7222.  At the welcome message,
hit pound to skip to the main menu, then 1 for live chat rooms,
then type in 284 pound at the room code prompt to enter the room.
If you would like to use TeamTalk to help us test the relay, go
to our page exclusively for the chat series at
chat.braillenoteusers.info.  Then, join us in the BrailleNote
Chat room on TeamTalk at the time specified above.  Please let me
know if you have any questions prior to the test conference by
emailing me at dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com or leaving a message in
my Conversation Station voicemail box, which is 6519.  Hope to
see you on Friday at 2 PM Eastern (1 PM Central, 12 PM Mountain,
11 AM Pacific) in Conversation Station room 284! Thank you!

Chris Nusbaum, member of the BrailleNote Users Testing Team

Merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous new year!

nuisance."
-- Kenneth Jernigan (President, National Federation of the Blind,
1968-1986

 The I C.A.N.  Foundation helps blind and visually impaired youth
in Maryland say "I can," by empowering them through providing
assistive technology and scholarships to camps and conventions
which help them be equal with their sighted peers.  For more
information about the Foundation and to support our work, visit
us online at www.icanfoundation.info!