[Blindtlk] To Cane or Not To Cane?

Tony C. tcolon1955 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 18:32:29 UTC 2011

Hi Diane and all,
Your comment made me think of the times when I had a guide dog and certain
people would ask me to leave her at home, stating they would assist me.
Well, of course I would have none of that!  I have never faced the situation
where someone has asked me to leave my cane at home or to put it away.  I of
course would have a few choice, but respectful, words for them.

I am really amazed at how in these fine United States of America so many
individuals are not educated in the reason for a white cane.  Let's educate
those who are willing to learn!

Tony C.