[Blindtlk] Introduction.

Julie J julielj at neb.rr.com
Wed Jan 26 19:00:19 UTC 2011

Mary,

Welcome!   I'm Julie, currently living in eastern Nebraska with my farmer
husband and teen age son.  I work as the juvenile diversion coordinator for
the county.  An adult diversion program is in the works.  Hopefully  it will
be approved.  I'm rather looking forward to working with a different group
of people.

I didn't get a cell phone until about 6 months ago.  I think I've made 3
calls on it and it has never rung.  I only turn it on or use it at all when
I travel out of town.  It's comforting knowing my family can contact me when
I'm away.

There is a museum in southeast Nebraska, the Homestead National Monument,
that has recently made a lot of effort in making it's displays accessible to
blind/visually impaired people. I thought I had a link, but I can't find it.
anyhow one of the things they have implemented is that blind people can
touch the displays when wearing cotton gloves.  I don't know if that is an
option for your sculpture garden or not.

Again, welcome to the list!
Julie