[Blindtlk] Introduction.

Mary Mc Gee mmcatitude at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 17:14:17 UTC 2011

Dear Julie;
	Yes, the gloves are an option here and that's good.  We wanted more,
however.
	You sound like you use your cell phone about as much as I used mine
before I decided to be rid of it.  The only times I used it were when
calling cabs when I visited a client couldn't or didn't use our bus system.
I was paying a reasonable amount for the many minutes I had on the thing,
but I just didn't use it enough to justify it.  Moreover, I couldn't read
the screen and the guy at the store where I bought it was ignorant about
accessibility, so I just let it go.  After talking to Mike Barber and Curtis
Chong, I've learned that I could have been more choosey and gotten a better
one.  Oh well, maybe someday. . .
	I kind of feel cell phones are a bother additionally because
someone's is always ringing or someone is talking instead of paying
attention.  I go to a lot of meetings and, when I'm the Chair, cell phones
are turned off.
	Where in NE are you?  Are you near Nebraska City?  I know the
equivalent of the Iowa Braille School is there.
Sincerely,
Mary