[Blindtlk] Olympus DM-4

Lloyd Rasmussen lras at sprynet.com
Mon Jul 11 00:37:04 UTC 2011

Most of the Olympus audio recorders have a slide switch toward the bottom
along one edge.  In one position, all functions are locked, whether the
recorder is on or off.  Out of this position, you encounter a spring.  Push
against the spring for a couple of seconds and the recorder will turn off or
on.  It creates different sounds when turned on or off.  There are several
podcasts about these recorders on Blind Cool Tech and other places.  I use a
DS50 and will soon be learning a DM620.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls