[Blindtlk] Walking Alone and Marching Together M4B

Mary McGee mmcatitude at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 17:18:10 UTC 2011

Hi, All;
	Chapter Meeting today!  Good!  I couldn't attend Convention, so I'm
anxious for all the reports!
	I went to the Home Page of nfb.org and simply typed "Walking Alone
and Marching Together" into the Search feature at the top of the page and
was able to get the entire thing.  There's a Table of Contents, so I went
right to Chapter 3.  I downloaded all the chapters to read later.  I also
noticed that they're all in audio files, is you want to listen to them.
	I'll say here, under my First Amendment rights, that I AM APPALLED
AT IOWA'S SENIOR SENATOR FOR HIS SUPPORT OF THE REAUTHORIZATION OF THE
WORKFORCE INVESTMENT ACT!  I wrote him a STRONG email telling him what I
think and I plan to do more!  I have a picture of Sen. Harkin and me in from
of the Road to Freedom bus, when it stopped in Des Moines a few years ago.
I'm really disappointed that now he wants to remove a lot of the freedoms
for people with disabilities!  Every Federationist who's too young to
remember sheltered shops should read the old Monitors or talk to someone
who's old enough to remember them, because they were deplorable!  Proposed
legislation like this is the reason we should know our history.
	After all, Dr. Jernigan said, "We know who we are, and we will never
go back!"
	I'd be interested in hearing other's opinions!
Sincerely,
Mary L. McGee