[Blindtlk] Fwd: Travel and Tourism Division looking for Officers

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 20 15:28:01 UTC 2011

No the only people who were at convention was Don Gillmore, President, Treasurer Milton Taylor, and a few of the Board Members, we had enough for an election. At the time Don knew that Doug Johnson wanted to keep his position but was ill and couldn't attend the convention, and his position wasn't up until 2012, we had no idea about the Secretary and why she wasn't at the convention.

These 2 people were not new officers at all, they have been with the division since the beginning, in fact Doug Johnson was the original President of the Division.

The only new officers that were elected was President and Board Member.

Like I said the other positions weren't up for elections until 2012.

So again, due to illness of the officers and that they both felt that they could not continue in the positions that they wanted to resign.

Since the division really hasn't been active for quite awhile, I want to kick start it and have it become one of the great divisions of the NFB.

So I hope this explains Cindy.

Leading the Way in Independent Travel!

Cheryl Echevarria
http://www.echevarriatravel.com<http://www.echevarriatravel.com/>
631-456-5394
reservations at echevarriatravel.com<mailto:reservations at echevarriatravel.com>

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Absolute Cruise & Travel, Inc.