[Blindtlk] new NFB canes

Brice Smith brsmith2424 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 21:16:07 UTC 2011

Hi Darian and Jewel,

Thank you for the information. I don't understand why cane lengths are
so short everywhere. If the average male stands 69.2 inches tall
(according to the National Center for Health Statistics), you would
think a 61-inch tall cane would be inadequate for many people. Given
that the NFB in particular advocates cane lengths longer than other
organizations, I'm surprised that only a few of there models get into
the 67/69 inch range. Ambutech's models go to 64 which is decent, but
sort of uncommon as many carriers and models stop at around 60 at
most. We're not all tiny ...*grin*