[Blindtlk] [Nfbmd] Fwd: Presidential Proclamation--Anniversary of theAmericans with Disabilities Act

Steven Johnson blinddog3 at charter.net
Thu Jul 28 23:40:06 UTC 2011

Chris, not to correct you, but the sub-minimum wage issue  is just a part of
this as the greater event that this proclamation is addressing is the 21st
anniversary of the passage of the Americans with Disabilities Act.  After 21
years, Americans with disabilities still do face many forms of
discrimination both covert and overt, and I would be that almost every
person on this list can cite at least one example where they were
discriminated against because of no other than that they are blind.  This is
why the NFB and all of the Divisions work so hard to break down these
barriers that still exist in our society even 21 years later.
Unfortunately, the barriers that we most often encounter are not physical,
but rather attitudinal ones that are the more difficult to tear down.
Always good to see your posts my young friend!

Steve Johnson