[Blindtlk] Learning Daily Living Skills

Nikki Wunderlich nikki0222 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 19:59:25 UTC 2011

I don't know where you live, but that is one thing you could talk to
your state services for the blind councelor, or what ever you call them
in your state. Personally, for money management, I've seen completely
blind friends fold their money so they know exactly how much money they
have and in what bills. For example you might keep your ones streight,
then fold your fives in half so they're still tall, just half as long as
your ones. Then you might fold your tens like your fives, and then in
half again so they're still tall like your ones and fives, just not as
long. Then you might fold your twenties in half like a five, and then
fold it over so it isn't tall like your ones fives and tends, Most of
the time people don't have higher then twenties on them, but if you do
you'd just figure out how to fold your fifties and hundreds. Other
people get money identifiers, they can be pretty spendy though. So I
suggest folding your money. As for other daily living stuff, I would try
to have some one teach you hand over hand if you can. If not I don't
really know what to say, I mean I went to the blind school in minnesota
and they taught us a lot of that stuff. I'm not sure if the scool for
the blind in your state allows people to go until they're 21 but if they
do you could see about going there for a year to get some skills.

Nikki Wunderlich
MSN nikki0222 at gmail.com
Yahoo nikkiwunderlich at yahoo.com
AIM nikkiwunderlich at aim.com