[Blindtlk] Independence Market at the convention

Hyde, David W. (ESC) david.hyde at wcbvi.k12.wi.us
Thu Jun 23 13:03:15 UTC 2011

Penny, of course there will be canes, as everyone has said. There will be a lot of other things too. It seems that everyone who wants to sell something to blind people is there. As far as activities, be sure to get to the Rookie Roundup for an overview of the convention. I don't know how old your daughter is, but I know there will be plenty of children there her age, no matter what it is. If you have problems or questions, please ask someone. The Presidential Suite is a good place to get information that you can't find in the agenda. It is open to everyone at the times shown in the agenda, and everyone is welcome to stop in.

I have been attending these for more years than I can count, but I believe this will be my thirty-fourth. There are some who have been attending longer. We are all happy to help.

I look forward to seeing both of you at convention. I'll be the one carrying a white cane.