[Blindtlk] Independence Market at the convention

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Thu Jun 23 15:21:34 UTC 2011

There is also a cane walk/instruction seminar available for kids and
parents.  I'm remembering that it is a part of the National
Association of Parents with Blind Children events and is usually in the
morning.  typically there is a breif introductory segment in a lecture
format, then kids and parents are paired up with volunteer instructors
to explore the hotel while learning cane travel skills.  Participants
wear sleepshades during the event.   There are ooddles of canes
available to use if you don't have one, want to try something different
or the instructor would like you to try a different cane.

Have fun at convention!
Julie