[Blindtlk] Independence Market at the convention

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 18:46:53 UTC 2011

Hi David,

Just wondering, why do you like the telescoping cane over the NFB
straight cane or the folding cane? I like the NFB straight cane
because it's lighter, so it's easier to use the two-point-touch
technique and get information out of sound.  I use to use a
folding cane until I tried the straight cane at the LAW Program
at the Jernigan Institute back in April.  But I never liked the
telescoper that much because I thought it was hard to fold up, so
it wasn't worth it.  What do you like about the telescoper? What
about the tip?

 Chris

To learn more about Camp Abilities and find a local camp near
you, just click on this link to their national Web site:
www.campabilities.org.

The I C.A.N.  Foundation helps visually impaired youth in
Maryland have the ability to confidently say "I can!" How? Click
on this link to learn more and to contribute:
www.icanfoundation.info.

 Sent from my BrailleNote