[Blindtlk] Fired up and cooking now

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 07:36:41 UTC 2011

No, not at all!

I dumped a whole lot of lighter fluid in it, closed the lid, fumbled
around a bit, and stuck the tip of an aim-n-flame into an enriched
air-fuel mixture and lit THAT.

I blew the cover right off the top of the grill.  And then it hit the
fence and bounced closed.  I was laughing SO hard.  I singed some
hair, but I was laughing because even under sleepshade I knew exactly
what just happened, as well as the awful truth:  The coals were out
again.

I swear that I was following instructions.  Julee Mullen does not
remember giving me those instructions, but she did.  And I followed
them, not thinking about what I was doing.

They didn’t let me use the grill after that for some reason, no idea
why not.

But at least I didn’t have four fire trucks pulling up with lights
and sirens and everything during a NABS meeting over pizza toppings.
That one is totally on our student pizza chef.

(See these are the stories you DON’T see in our training centers'
brocures!)

Joseph