[Blindtlk] To Cane or Not To Cane?

Cindy Handel cindy425 at verizon.net
Tue Mar 1 13:03:58 UTC 2011

I do think it's important for you to keep up your cane skills.  I'm not
exactly sure what the best way to do that would be, given your situation.
Absolutely no public transportation would be a terrible thing, and,
fortunately, I've never lived in a place where I had to experience that.  Is
it possible for you to walk around your neighborhood or, are there any
stores in the area to which you could walk?

Another thought is, when you need to go shopping, maybe you could ask John,
or someone else to take you and meet you at a designated place, later.
Then, they could leave you to do your shopping and you could maintain your
cane skills.

I wish you luck with finding a workable solution to this issue.

Cindy