[Blindtlk] my top 10 list

Julie J julielj at neb.rr.com
Fri Mar 4 20:10:09 UTC 2011

Just for fun here's my top ten craziest things said about me list.

10."Do you know there's a lit candle in your bathroom? said to me by a family member in my home where I lived alone.
9."Can she go by herself?" said to my husband by my stepdaughter as I was leaving to run an errand.
8."Is she your sister?" said to my son by a cashier at a restaurant.  I might look young, but not quite that young!
7."He must be a good friend for you." said about my guide dog by a coworker.
6."Do you dress yourself?" said to me by a convenience store clerk.
5."I'll carry your bags out to your car." said to me by the grocery store bagger.
4."Have your son sign this and return it to me." said to me by my son's kindergarten teacher about notes regarding behavior.
3."He must be in training." said by a lot of people who are clueless about how guide dogs work.  The dog is good, but he doesn't read my mind.  I do still have to give him directions.
2."Can I pray for you? said to me by some random creepy guy at the bus stop.
1."She is always so happy..." 5 minute monologue given to my husband on my positive virtues by a Wal-Mart employee who must have seen me in the store several times or is a stalker.   Interestingly enough this occurred on entering the store after an argument in the parking lot with my Kiddo about items I was not going to be purchasing.
Happy Friday!
Julie