[Blindtlk] my top 10 list

Chasity Jackson chasityvanda at charter.net
Fri Mar 4 21:10:30 UTC 2011

Hi Julie. I get that a lot about my dog being a good friend, or "Oh, she
must take such good care of you." Or they will talk directly to my dog and
say, "Now take good care of her." etc.

As far as the creepy stalker person at Walmart, I had one of those when I
was younger too. Back when I was 20 and in college, I often went to the
Walgreens by my home to get items. I usually got the same shopper there. One
time when I was in there, getting contraceptives, she screamed out, "Do you
want the Trojan brand like you get every time you come in here?" LOL. I am
not easily embarrassed, but still, I think there is more to be said about
her remembering which brand of contraceptives I got at the time and saying
it loudly. LOL. She was 17 and had a 3 year old child, so I thought about
saying back to her, "I will take any brand of them except the brand that you
were using when you got pregnant." LOL. If I were a sighted employee and
shopped with a blind person, and they were getting a personal item like
that, I would not admit that I remembered what brand they got even if I did.