[Blindtlk] Cane suggestions needed please!

Julie J julielj at neb.rr.com
Sat Mar 12 13:45:33 UTC 2011

If you're wanting something different than the telescopic cane, I'd suggest
just a standard straight cane in either fiberglass or carbon fiber.

Honestly I think people just notice cane or no cane.  They aren't going to
notice a 60 inch cane any less than they will notice a 65 inch cane.   I'd
go with what works for you because isn't that the whole point to having the
cane?  I mean I don't use one as a fashion accessory or to please other
people.

About tripping people...if you are in a large crowd typically you'll be
moving slower and keeping the cane in closer.  Indoors is the same thing,
use the pencil grip technique.  As long as you use a light grip, easy swing
and gentle tap, it shouldn't hurt anyone if you touch them with your cane.
Now if you're using it more like a sword wielded by an angry pirate on a
mission...all bets are off! *smile*

best of luck!
Julie