[Blindtlk] Hi everyone

Julie J julielj at neb.rr.com
Thu Mar 24 11:55:34 UTC 2011

I currently use Kurzweil at work.  I am very happy with it.   I used Open
Book way back in college because that is what they had.  the only thing that
I didn't like about it is that you couldn't scan and read at the same time.
Especially for long documents and books, I like to be able to continue to
scan pages while I'm listening to a previous page.  Perhaps this has changed
in Open Book with more recent versions.  I don't know.

Something else to consider is how much upgrades cost.  Of course this is
assuming that you'd want to have more recent versions as they come out.
Upgrades can be very costly over time.  I know I'd be more likely to buy
something that was going to be more economical over time.

HTH
Julie