[Blindtlk] Paratransit Vs. fixed Routes

David davidb521 at gmail.com
Mon May 2 17:17:26 UTC 2011

Hello. I was reading the thread discussing the pros and cons of blind
driving, and noticed some discussion regarding paratransit versus fixed
routes. What I am wondering is this. Does paratransit in most cities closely
follow fixed routes within a certain radius as I assume it does in Palm
Beach County? From what I read from the list, paratransit is neither
superior or inferior to fixed routes, hence it's name. Therefore, if
blindness is your only disability, and your travel skills enable you to
travel anywhere you please with confidence, as is the case with me, what are
the advantages of paratransit, if any? I am interested in hearing your
thoughts on this.

David