[Blindtlk] cane travel question: trailing or no trailing?

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Wed May 11 20:59:12 UTC 2011

I use  a combination of  two-point touch and     constent contact.  I
think that situationally, they both work fine.  I would  suggest
getting a handle on contact technique, then  challange yourself with
touch.  Shorelining, or  trailing is good at times, when you are
looking for a pathway that is set along a grass line, but  I don't use
it for looking for a door, unless the door it's self is  blended
aginst the wall you are caning past.
 also, while I do like white NFb canes, I also like  the Iowa canes,
they are a little top-heavy, but I like the rolling-tip like feature
they have, and I think they work very good for jogging/running,  if
you wish to go that route too.
  hth
  Darian