[Blindtlk] Action Alert: Your action is needed to save accessible textbook program

Hyde, David W. (ESC) david.hyde at wcbvi.k12.wi.us
Fri May 20 20:22:27 UTC 2011

Chris, you have a right to do anything that is legal, whether people agree with you or not. What we do not do, however, is take positions on behalf of the organization, stating that is it is the Federation's position. Now I am a Democrat. There are a lot, most in fact, of things the Democrats do that I believe are right. Therefore, I support them. Occasionally I agree with republicans too.

Please contact your representative and senators about anything you want. If you feel strongly, that the Federation should take a position, write a resolution and bring it to the national convention. The intent is not to stifle political expression, but to make it clear when you and I speak for ourselves, and when we speak for the Federation. I can speak for us when I tell my legislators that the Federation has a strong commitment to the maintenance of public transit systems. I could not, this year, go representing the Federation, to our Capitol here in Wisconsin to protest all the things that our governor is doing.

So, be an advocate. Contact elected officials. Before you take a position on behalf of all of us, talk to Jessie and John and our national office. In your state, talk with your state president. We need advocates.