[Blindtlk] nfb and southwest

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Fri May 27 14:20:24 UTC 2011

Hi all, let me explain about Southwest and Airtran, which are now the same company under Southwest.

They might be the cheapest out there for flights, one problem is with them they are not under the same umbrella of all the other airlines including most International Airlines that fly in and out of the US.

They are not ARC - Airlines Reporting Corporation, this really shouldn't matter to the everyday client, but in the industry that is a pain in the butt, we don't get updates from the airlines should your flights change or be cancelled until the last minute, and here is a little more explanation on what it is.

is a technology solutions company providing transaction settlement and data information services. Airlines, travel agencies, Corporate Travel Departments (CTD), railroads, and other travel suppliers process more than $80 billion annually through ARC's world-class settlement system - making it the financial backbone of travel distribution. ARC COMPASS®, the leading, trusted source for travel transaction information, powers data and analytical tools that help ARC customers make confident business decisions.

Now it also has to follow ADA and Air Carrier Access Act, which is stronger then the ADA in our favor.

But the problem is that since they are not part of ARC, they think they can do anything they want, until someone like NFB or any other organization comes around and shows them that they are wrong and then does it again.

I have not had any issues flying southwest, and they are the only airlines out of my are of Long Island I can use without going to JFK.

Just putting my 2 cents again.

They don't work well with us Travel Professionals either. Since we have to have ARC Certification to book air fees, since I am under a host agency, rather 2, that they have the ARC certifications. So if someone is just looking for airfare unless they cannot maneuver the websites I have no problem in booking airfare for anyone.

Leading the Way in Independent Travel

Cheryl Echevarria
http://www.Echevarriatravel.com<http://www.echevarriatravel.com/>
631-456-5394
reservations at echevarriatravel.com<mailto:reservations at echevarriatravel.com>

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Absolute Cruise and Travel, Inc.