[Blindtlk] clothes shopping

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 23:41:25 UTC 2011

Hi Julie,

While I'm not a lady, I might be able to give you a good
resource.  :) The ACB does a show on their ACB Radio Internet
radio station called ACB Reports, which is a monthly news
magazine for blind people, especially ACB members.  I only listen
to it to stay informed, not because I'm an ACB member, by the
way.  :) Sometimes, a lady named Lynn Kooper comes on there to
give men's and women's fassion tips for each season or time of
year.  Since she herself is blind, she describes the clothes very
well and sometimes talks about accessible Web sites that offer
clothes shopping.  Lynn represents something called the Mirrors
Project, which deals with fashion for blind people.  Since I
don't have a direct link to the project, I'd suggest just
Googling the Mirrors Project.  You can find the 2011 episodes of
ACB Reports, some of which Lynn appears on, at acb.org under
Publication and Media, then ACB Reports.  You can find some older
shows on acbradio.org under On Demand, then ACB Reports.
Unfortunately, that is the extent of my knowledge on this
subject, so you may need to talk to some other people on this
list for more information.  * Smiles! Hope this helps in some
small way!

Chris

 Chris Nusbaum

nuisance." -- Kenneth Jernigan (President of the National
Federation of the Blind, 1968-1986.)

  Visit the I C.A.N.  Foundation online at:
www.icanfoundation.info for
information on our foundation and how it helps blind and visually
impaired children in MD say "I can!"

Sent from my BrailleNote