[Blindtlk] Fan Problem or something else?

T. Joseph Carter tjcarter at spiritsubstance.com
Mon Oct 17 00:47:41 UTC 2011

How much of your hard drive space is free?  If not much, that could
be causing the computer to work harder fitting some of your "virtual
memory" on the hard drive.

Laptops tend to have fans that rev up like that when the system is
under load.  Some desktops do it as well.  If that's happening just
while web browsing (and I don't mean with the 80+ tabs I typically
have open either), then there's another issue that needs looking at.

Joseph