[Blindtlk] Arianna's Art, Inc. is in the Matilda Ziegler magazine for the blind!

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 22:16:26 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 02, 2011 at 05:29:26PM -0400, Chris Nusbaum wrote:
>,S5T F MY ,BRL,NOTE

We noticed.  *grin*  I wonder what's more disturbing to me, the fact
that the BrailleNote will happily send out contracted Braille without
back-translating it, or the fact that I can read it at this point as
if it had!

(Once upon a time, I wrote a little program that translated into
almost perfect Grade 2 in Python.  It worked properly, and even
shifted in and out of Computer Braille Code for URLs and email
addresses.  It had only one major flaw: All words beginning with the
letters "be" got the be-sign treatment, and technically I should've
used a dictionary for that.

Joseph