[Blindtlk] spanish on the braillenote Apex

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 22:44:43 UTC 2011

This message is in UTF-8, and it kind of has to be.  I've got no idea
what this or any mailing list software is likely to do to it, so I
reply directly as well as to the list.  If you're using a me.com
address, it's a pretty safe bet you will receive the message as sent.

Spanish Braille is uncontracted.  And while I have no idea how you
tell the Apex that you're using it, I can tell you (since there are
so few), what the special symbols are:

A ACUTE (á)			⠷ 1-2-3-5-6
E ACUTE	(é)			⠮ 2-3-4-6
I ACUTE (í)			⠌ 3-4
O ACUTE (ó)			⠬ 3-4-6
U ACUTE (ú)			⠾ 2-3-4-5-6
U WITH DIERESIS (ü)		⠳ 1-2-5-6
N WITH TILDE (ñ)		⠻ 1-2-4-5-6
QUESTION MARKS (¿?)		⠢ 2-6
EXCLAMATION POINTS (¡!)		⠖ 2-3-5

In Spanish Braille, the inverted question mark and exclamation point
at the beginning are the same as the non-inverted form at the end.
Note the question mark in Spanish is a dropped e, not a dropped h.
Exclamation point remains dropped f.  Period and comma have not
changed from English literary Braille usage.

Hope it helps!

Joseph