[Blindtlk] Ironing?

Cindy Handel cindy425 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 6 19:02:17 UTC 2012

I iron shirts in sections.  Start with half of the front of the shirt.
Position it so the shoulder and top of the sleeve are over the narrow end of
the ironing board.  Make sure the front of the shirt is laying flat on the
board and iron that portion.  Then, turn the shirt so you're doing the same
portion, but on the back of the shirt.  Just keep moving the shirt, after
each section is finished, until you're back to the front, on the opposite
side from where you started.

Next, place the collar flat on the ironing board and iron the back,
(underside) of the collar, and then turn it over and do the front, (top of
the collar).

Finally, lay the shirt on the board so the sleeve can be stretched out flat.
Make sure the seam is straight and the sleeve flat.  Then iron both the
front and back of each sleeve.

It takes some time, but you can do a nice job without missing any sections,
as long as you keep feeling what has been ironed and what has not.

Cindy