[Blindtlk] question about email and drop box

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Mon Aug 6 22:47:14 UTC 2012

Jim:

Dropbox is a utility that allows one to share files and folders easily. Versions are available for computers and for smartphones. Files can be shared in two ways: if you have Dropbox on your machine, your friend can issue you an invitation via email which, if you accept by clicking the link, causes his folder and its contents to be created on your machine under the dropbox folder. If you don't have dropbox, your friend can still send you files and, I believe, folders. But he will have to put them in his "public "folder and send you the public link to that file or folder. If he did this, perhaps the file permissions on his end weren't write for you to access the files or folders.

Dropbox is very accessible. And the iPhone version makes it easy to share files between your computer and your iPhone.

Mike