[Blindtlk] Fwd: Announcing Sendero GPS 2012.5 with the new "EZ" and "XL" modes

Gary Wunder GWunder at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 21 13:31:10 UTC 2012

Most only work well outdoors where they can receive clear satellite signals.
GPS works by looking at as many as they can find and then pinpointing your
position based on knowing where those signals originate. Buildings generally
obscure these signals him, and no system that I am aware of tries to
substitute for a cane in finding steps, curbs, and other obstacles..