[Blindtlk] accessible Software to Make Accessible Websites?

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Fri Aug 24 14:26:04 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am not a web page expert by any means, but I know enough to know that you need to think through what you want the page to do to
make a decision.  There is definitely a number of ways you can make an excessible web page, and each requires a different level of
knowledge and effort.  You can theoretically make a simple page using Microsoft Word, although many will tell you the HTML that is
generated isn't efficient.  However, if you want to add a counter to see how many people have visited your page or you want to
include a form for contacts or you are selling books or services directly, then it gets more complicated.  You also must consider
where you want the page to reside.  You don't want it on your computer and have it disappear every time you reboot or turn the
computer off.  Many ISP's provide a place where they will store your page so it is available at all times and is independent of
your computer.  Sometimes, though, you are stuck with their naming conventions although there are ways around that as well.

In short, unless you just want to put up an information page that does not change often, you are probably going to find it best to
hire someone whose skills and expertise you can trust.  This isn't because you couldn't do it, but rather, because you probably
have more important ways to spend your time running your businesses.  Of course, if this is something that interests you, it can
be fun to make a hobby part of your business success story.  You may find people over on NFB-WEB who could give you more
knowledgeable insight.  Please understand this is just one man's opinion.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson