[Blindtlk] Question on what is the best screen-reader to use?

blindndangerous at gmail.com blindndangerous at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 23:18:33 UTC 2012

Hello,
I always find this to be a difficult question to answer. Jaws is fine, but there are alternatives. I use a screen reader on Windows called NVDA, and when I'm on the Mac I use voice over. It all depends on what you're going to do and how much you want to sit down and learn something. NVDA is nice, but it does have a few keystrokes that are different than draws. And if you're not used to that, it can be sort of frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone