[Blindtlk] cleaning up the snow within bus stops

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Wed Feb 1 04:44:30 UTC 2012

You go, guy!

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: blindtlk-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:blindtlk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Hyde, David W. (ESC)
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 9:10 AM
To: 'Blind Talk Mailing List'
Subject: Re: [Blindtlk] cleaning up the snow within bus stops

Cheryl, of course it isn't just a problem for sighted people. It is a
problem when people don't shovel. I don't know what the local ordinance is
where you live, but here folks supposedly have 24 hours to clear their
walks. I have been known, when a property is a flagrant violator, to file a
complaint with the city. Sometimes, the city actually does something.
Sometimes, I get to contact the city about what happened to my complaint,
and whose desk it got lost on this time. Sometimes, I get unhappy enough to
go to a city council meeting and ask publically what they can do. And once
in a while I get this wild urge to go and buy a shovel, take it to the
offending business, and ask if they have someone who I can teach to use this
advanced technology. I haven't done it yet, but my urge to do so is in
direct proportion to the depth of the snow, and inverse proportion to the
temperature.