[Blindtlk] H.R. 3864 the American Energy and Infrastructure JobsFinancing Act

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Thu Feb 9 02:02:52 UTC 2012

Steve, Marsha et al:

If this bill were to pass, it would, indeed, be something to be afraid of. But keep your shirts/blouses on, guys. This bill was drafted in the House; the current administration had absolutely *nothing* to do with it. Consider which party is in the majority in the House. This bill is ideologically-motivated and panders to the electoral base that the majority feels it is beholden to. This bill will not pass the Senate (if, it is even considered) in its present form. It's too radical. Put another way, it's more posturing to gain brownie points with the Republican ideological conservatives. But nothing this will pass the Senate, let alone be signed by President Obama who, as I"ve said, had nothing to do with this.

What *may* be endangered by this bill and *might* get through the legislative process are provisions that weeken the so-called Connelly amendment that gives Randolph-Sheppard priority in revenue from highway rest-stops. We may yet have to protest. But nothing as drastic as the current House bill language has a chance of becoming law.

Mike Freeman
sent via iPhone