[Blindtlk] Would like to hear from cell phone users.

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Mon Feb 13 03:43:38 UTC 2012

Although some geeky souls use Android phones, they're not really
classifiable as accessible at this point without downloading software
packages to make them speak and even these don't make a lot of apps in the
Android Market accessible but contain their own limited subset of apps.

As for the iPhone, if one is very easily frustrated, switching to the
touch-screen might be a bit of a stretch. However, as Reese says, with a bit
of persistence, one can get the hang of it. I got the iPhone at the start of
a weekend and by its end, I was using the phone successfully. I'd recommend
reading the NBp books on the iPhone; they'll give you a great head-start.

VoiceOver has a "practice" area where you can practice the various gestures
and VoiceOver will tell you what it thinks you did. This hones one's skills
fairly quikly.

Mike