[Blindtlk] Encouraging Medical Students To Be Retina Doctors

Sheila Leigland sleigland at bresnan.net
Fri Feb 24 01:10:53 UTC 2012

Hi kriss i'm fine with the nfb most of the time. My childgood was great and i'm glad that my parents made it possible for me to go to public school. As an adult they just didn't understand my needs as a blind person to find out what I was really capable of. I think they were afraid of me being taken advantage of. They didn't want me hurt and i as a parent can understand that the part that i had trouble with was that they didn't trust me. I got on lists because I wanted to become more acquainted with other blind folks and more acquainted with the nfb. Our state chapter is made up of many people that really don't like the nfb. They think they want to be completely on there own.

Sheila Leigland