[Blindtlk] A fascinating look at training and raising guide dogs

BlueSkies11 BlueSkies11 at torpey.info
Wed Feb 29 13:20:27 UTC 2012

This week's episode of ViewPoints features a fascinating look at what goes
on in training a guide dog.

ViewPoints 1209 2-29-12 Training and Raising Guide dogs

Hosts Peter Torpey and Nancy Goodman Torpey speak with Pam Boy, who is
raising her 6th guide dog puppy. We'll discuss what's involved in making a
guide dog, from breeding to final graduation with each dog's "forever
person". Almost from birth, guide dogs need to learn very important skills
and behaviors. We'll also meet Pam's current puppy, Casey.

To subscribe to the weekly podcast, paste the following text into your
podcatching program:

http://viewpointsplus.net/tinc?key=Q7Mc6vq1

You can also subscribe to the ViewPointsPlus e-mail forum to discuss
questions not addressed in the show or just to network with other listeners.
Just send a mail message to:

ViewPointsPlus+Subscribe at GoogleGroups.com

Check out ViewPoints

A weekly, half hour radio program for people living with low vision

Find out more about the show and get links to the podcasts at:

       www.ViewPointsPlus.net

Visit us on Facebook at:

       http://www.facebook.com/ViewPointsPlus

Follow us on Twitter at: