[Blindtlk] fw: writing in to ask you to vote against this

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Mon Jan 2 19:58:09 UTC 2012

Chris:

With respect, your championing of such tripe on this list is naïve at best
and harmful at worst. Nowhere in this post did I see a bill number so that
the claims in the post could be checked with Truth or fiction or Snopes.
Nowhere do we receive verification that the site we're supposed to go to
isn't a rogue site that itself would spread malicious software to our
computers. And, perhaps most importantly (although this is hard to check
since we don't have a bill number here), it is unclear that NFB has policy
on this issue and IMO it's therefore inappropriate to advocate one way or
the other on this list.

My friend, most of what one reads on the Internet is pure twaddle, designed
either to sucker you into being someone else's tool or to perpetuate a gag.

Nota bene: any post that says to send it to all one's addressbook or friends
or whatever is almost a dead giveaway that one shouldn't bother.

Mike