[Blindtlk] Why do we advocate?

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 27 20:42:58 UTC 2012

Maurice I think in general society has changed.
I think people remember, able to stay out until your parents called you in. In my case anyway, I was not born blind and lost my vision as an adult from an illness.  That being said!
With all the technology out the for the blind and sighted, no one seems to go out, and get to know anyone anymore.
When I was a kid you yelled mom, and everyone's mom came out, and everyone knew each other, and we played with each other and had sleep overs, and played kickball or sing and double dutch, etc.
Now, you can't even go outside, people are trying either sell you drugs, or kidnap kids, or something.
Not good, I know 2 neighbors on my block, my daughter didn't grow up playing with the kids on the block, or where her dad lived.
Didn't have people to watch her to babysit, or even if I need help with something, no one is around, not like years ago.
So I don't think it is the eye contact or even being blind. I think it is the times.
Leading the Way in Independent Travel!

Cheryl Echevarria
http://www.echevarriatravel.com
631-456-5394